After completing his MA at the UW-Seattle, Eric is currently working on a dual doctoral degree between the University of Washington and the Universität Paderborn. His dissertation engages with German prose fiction from the mid to late nineteenth century to explore how authors like Raabe, Fontane, Meyer, and Stifter used their historical fiction to adopt and play with the methods developed by historians of the same time, and to explore the role of literature in the "science of historiography." He has published articles on Petzold's film "Die innere Sicherheit" and Hofmannsthal's drama "Elektra," and has an article on Stifter's "Der Hochwald" under consideration.
- How Compassionate Are You? - July 1, 2014
- Students Share Projects on "Literature, Culture, and the Environment" - March 15, 2014
- Congratulations to Eric Scheufler (Germanics Graduate Student) on his New Job! - March 10, 2014
- Graduate Students Showcase their Scholarship - February 22, 2013
- UW Germanics Graduate Student, Eric Scheufler, Wins Award and Recognition in Germany - February 14, 2013