Max Kade Fellowships
The Department of Germanics awards a number of $18,000 Max Kade Fellowships to qualified students each year. Assuming satisfactory progress, the department strives to provide five years of support towards the Ph.D. to those students who first enter the program with a BA and four years of support to those who first enter with an MA.
Kade fellows have their tuition paid by the Graduate School, but are responsible for miscellaneous fees per quarter (see https://f2.washington.edu/fm/sfs/tuition/components).
Five-year teaching assistantship packages with possibility of additional support.
- UW Graduate School Calendar of Fellowship Applications
- Bonderman Travel Fellowship
- Chester A. Fritz Grants for International Exchanges
- Foreign Language and Area Studies Fellowships (FLAS)
- UW Graduate School Huckabay Program
- Walter Chapin Simpson Center for the Humanities
- Graduate Opportunities and Minority Achievement Program (GO-MAP)
- German Academic Exchange Service Fellowships (DAAD): UW students must apply through the Fellowship and Assistantship Office, 309 Loew Hall, UW Seattle campus. Email: Helene Obradovich at email@example.com.
- Fulbright Study Abroad Fellowships: Enrolled University of Washington students should apply through the Fellowship and Assistantship Office, 309 Loew Hall, UW Seattle campus. Applications are available online the IIE website. UW students should apply through the UW by indicating that they are current students when they set up their application accounts.
- American Association of University Women (AAUW)
- Berlin Program for Advanced German and European Studies
- Leo Baeck Fellowships
- International Dissertation Research Fellowships
- Die Stiftung „Erinnerung, Verantwortung und Zukunft“