Sabine is a PhD candidate and working on her dissertation entitled “Veränderte Umwelt: Neue Leseweisen im Anthropozän” (“Altered Environments: New Readings in in the Anthropocene”). Her academic interests are animal studies, ecocriticism, green studies, petrocultures, toxic discourses, and, most recently, junkspaces. Sabine has twice recently presented on the "’Greening’“ of the German Curriculum with Contemporary Film.“ In November 2011, her article "Für eine grüne Germanistik: Vorschläge zur Umprofilierung einer Randdisziplin“ is forthcoming in Aussiger Beiträge: Germanistische Schriftenreihe aus Forschung und Lehre.
- Distinguished Alumna Sabine Nöllgen will serve as Visiting Professor at Kalamazoo - October 6, 2016
- Germanics Alum Sabine Noellgen (PhD 2014) Accepts Visiting Lecturer Position at Cornell University for 2015-16 - May 14, 2015
- Spring Undergraduate Course Launches a Website on the Tele-Novel - July 12, 2013
- Graduate Students Showcase their Scholarship - February 22, 2013
- UW Germanics Graduate Student, Sabine Noellgen, Wins Award and Recognition for her Scholarship - February 11, 2013